Privacy StatementFebruary 2019
SPARK Neuro values your privacy. All of our research studies are voluntary. Participants can opt out at any time. All participants must sign a consent form. We do not store personal biological data associated with participants’ names.
I've signed up to participate in a study. What will I be asked to do?
During the course of the session, the study administrator will ask you to watch approximately 20-40 minutes of visual content. You will also be asked to filled out a brief survey on the computer and participate in a short 1-1 interview.
All information you provide to us will be kept confidential.
You will also be asked to wear an EEG headset, a GSR sensor on your hand, and a heart monitor that clips onto the earlobe. This will require you to remove any headwear during the course of the study. All of our sensors are non-invasive and our staff will help you adjust each device so that they fit comfortably. No devices should cause any pain or damage, and the study administrator will make every effort possible to minimize any discomfort.
What information will SPARK be recording during the study?
We will be recording both audio and video of your session. Other information we may record includes brainwave activity, eye tracking, galvanic skin response, and facial expression recognition.
How will I be compensated for participating?
You will be compensated with a personalized check upon completion of the study.
Your participation is voluntary, and you may withdraw from the study at any time and for any reason. However, if you decide not to participate or if you withdraw from the study you will not be compensated.
Last Updated: February 4, 2019
A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to SPARK Neuro and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information collected online from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of Data We Collect
1. Information You Provide to Us
If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail. We may also collect personal information at other points in our Services that indicate that personal information is being collected.
2. Information Collected via Technology
Information Collected by Our Servers. Our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) may collect information automatically from your computer or device, including, but not limited to:
- The date and time of your visit, the pages and content you view, and links you click on while navigating within our Services;
- Information about the type of content accessed via our Services;
- The site you visited before and after visiting our Site;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so that other computers connected to the Internet can communicate with your browser online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Search terms you enter using our Services or on a referral site;
- Unique identifiers;
- Information about your device such as your device type, screen size, browser type, language and other settings, memory capacity plug-ins, Internet domain, TCP configuration parameters, operating system, carrier code, time zone and the names, versions and package IDs of software installed on your device; and
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other tracking technologies (see additional descriptions of these terms below.
3. Information Collected from Third Party Companies.
Use of Your Personal Data
- In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used to respond to requests that you make, improve our Services, aid us in serving you better, or inform you of offers we believe may be of interest to you. Your personal information is used to:
- Provide you with Services and customer support;
- Provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- Measure and analyze audience traffic and improve the quality of your experience when you interact with our Services;
- Respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
- send you a welcome email to verify ownership of the email address provided when your Account was created;
- Conduct surveys and questionnaires to evaluate and improve our Services;
- Improve our Services and develop new products and services;
- Communicate with you about the Services, including offers for services you may be interested in, and administrative e-mail notifications such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
Creation of Anonymous Data
Disclosure of Your Personal Information.
Third Party Service Providers
- We may share your personal information with vendors, subcontractors and third party service providers that help us provide the Services.
Third Party Websites
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
- You have several choices regarding use of information on our Services:
1. Email Communications
2. Google Analytics.
- You may prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics by opting out through the use of the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Services for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Services or all functionality of the Services. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above. [Please be aware that certain browsers cannot block or delete so-called “Flash” cookies, which use a feature of the Adobe Flash video player to store information on your computer. For information about how to delete Flash cookies, please visit the Adobe website.]
3. Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data.
- You may review, update, correct or delete the personal information by contacting us. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. Please remember, however, if we have already disclosed some of your personal information to third parties, we cannot access that personal information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
4. Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.